Saturday, July 16, 2022

Acoustic Alternatives July 16th, 2022

 

This week’s Blog Post has some news in it that does affect the Acoustic Alternatives brand. We’ll get to that.

First, as I type I am looking forward to catching up with Willy Porter at Grove Studios. I have an immense amount of respect for Willy and admire his talent. I’m going to be using real cameras on this session and moving it to the Deluxe Studio at Grove because he’s bringing friends and there aren’t enough microphones for that many people in the podcast studio!  It should be ready to see and hear next week if I am lucky.

Up next is this week’s YouTube playlist.  It’s brought to you by 20 Front Street.  Additional sponsorship opportunities are available, so contact me if you are interested. 

 

View or listen and subscribe to my channel by going here:

 

Acoustic Alternatives July 16th, 2022

                              

Artist-Song Title-Upcoming Michigan Concert Date

WOOLF-LOOSE ENDS-

WILLY PORTER-LOOSE GRAVEL-

MARCUS MUMFORD-CANNIBAL-

DAMIEN RICE-CANNONBALL-

BRANDI CARLILE-CANNONBALL-

JENN BOSTIC-THE STORY-7/21 20 FRONT STREET

WAILIN' JENNYS-ONE VOICE (LIVE ON ETOWN)-

SWEET WATER WARBLERS-SUMMERTIME-

I'M WITH HER-CROSSING MUDDY WATERS-

WOOLF-IT WOULDN'T HURT-

WOOLF-FLAWS AND ALL-

PHOEBE BRIDGERS-SIDELINES-

BLACK FEATHERS-YOU WILL BE MINE-8/12 20 FRONT STREET

LEE DEWYZE-BEAUTIFUL LIKE YOU (UNPLUGGED)-8/20 20 FRONT STREET

FULL CHORD-DOWNTOWN-8/6 20 FRONT STREET

TROUSDALE-WOULDN'T COME BACK-

TROUSDALE-ALWAYS, JONI-

THE ROUGH AND TUMBLE-JONI-8/26 FOREST TRAIN MUSIC FESTIVAL, 8/28 ANN ABROR HOUSE CONCERT

WOOLF-ONE LAST TIME-

LYLE LOVETT-IF I HAD A BOAT (LIVE)-7/17 MEADOW BROOK MUSIC FESTIVAL

CHRIS ISAAK-FLYING-7/17 MEADOW BROOK MUSIC FESTIVAL

THE ARCADIAN WILD-NEVER DIE YOUNG-7/20 CHILDREN PARK, LAKE ORION

THE ARCADIAN WILD-SPRING: WAKE-7/20 CHILDREN PARK, LAKE ORION

NICKEL CREEK-THE FOX-

WILLY PORTER-ANGRY WORDS (LIVE)-

MARC BROUSSARD-HOME-

 

Finally, the radio show on WHFR.  The final edition (for now?) of Acoustic Alternatives will be this Thursday July 21st.  You can stream it, try using the Android app (an Apple app has been in the works for a year) or use TuneIn.  I hear you can train your Echo Device to play it too.  I’ve secured a new job that I start shortly thereafter, so I will no longer be on staff at WHFR. I am grateful to General Manager Susan McGraw for giving me the opportunity to serve as Operations Manager there and it was fun returning to the airwaves for almost a year.  I may be back on the air somewhere in in the next six months, who knows. I’ll keep you updated.

That’s it! Enjoy your weekend!
John

 

No comments:

Post a Comment