Sunday, April 18, 2021

American Cancer Society Fundraiser

Thank you for clicking on this blog post.  It means a lot to me that you took the time to do so.

It's likely if you are old enough, you know someone who has had some kind of cancer.  Maybe you've even lost that person to cancer. For example my cousin lost his wife to cancer years ago.  I have one dear friend who has had three different kinds of cancer, including breast cancer.  Fortunately she is a survivor. I believe she is a survivor because of fundraising efforts like this one.  

There was a time a breast cancer diagnosis was essentially a death sentence.  Research has come a long way.  Unfortunately, the week I was invited to join this fundraising team I got news that my neighbor and another dear friend are both dealing with breast cancer concerns.   That makes me want to ask you for help even more.

When I worked for the radio station, I had the pleasure of joining my colleagues at WTKA in a softball academy fundraising event.   Like last year, this year's event is virtual.  I'd like to make a difference in cancer research so that cancer doesn't take another person I care about.

I've started with a $100 gift to the cause. Can you join me with any amount you can afford?

Here's the link

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/johnbommarito

Thank you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment